Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 1 in Dublin: U2!!




After my (much deserved!) nap, one of my hostel roommates was planning to go see U2. I asked if I could walk with her to see if I could find a ticket. As luck would have it, I found a girl who had one ticket for sale. AND...as luck would have it, it was quite close to my new friend's seat! So we walked in, parted but agreed to meet at the end, and went off to enjoy the show.

I'm sure U2 puts on a great show everywhere. I wouldn't know because Monday night was the first time I'd ever seen them...but to see them in DUBLIN?!! That was an event not to be missed. The crowd was a SEA of people. You couldn't tell where the floor ended and the seats began. It was incredible. I read that Croke Park can hold over 82,000....and I'm pretty sure that it was at capacity. And this was the last of 3 nights in a row that U2 was playing. Absolutely amazing.

I learned that the Wave (where people stand up with their arms up going around the stadium) is an international language. The weird thing was the HUGE amount of Budweiser at the concert. This didn't make any sense to me, but apparently they were a sponsor. I finally found the Guinness vendor...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment